Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, has anyone here purchased try-y headers from Central Coast Mustang for GT40P heads? I've been reading that they never seem to have them, does anybody have them and if so, how do you like them? Thanks

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575517&a=11977890&p=44194856.jpg

Hale Boppe comet shot off my roof. See you can use 100 iso at night with no flash!

G

·
0 Posts
I haven't used the CCM headers but I did buy the tri-y's from ford power train made specifically for the Dart Sr. and GT40P heads as both have raised exhaust parts. They fit pretty well but at $412 the spark plugs still hit the header flange and they did not clear my z bar setup so I had to spend more money on the hydraulic clutch setup. You might want to check the Doug Thorley's as the design is similar to what I have. Good luck.

·
Registered
20,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I allready have a pair of MAC headers for this application. I've been reading for a while about CCM selling them but never heard of anybody with them.

I want to start a web page soon and want to do an article about GT40P's in early Mustangs, I 'm looking for info and peoples feedback on this subject.

As far as fitment of the MACs, I don't have them on yet, but on a rough trial fitting, they seem to clear everthing but on #7, it looks like you'll have to put the plug in FIRST!

Tom
aka "my 66 coupe"

Hale Boppe comet shot off my roof. See you can use 100 iso at night with no flash!

G

·
0 Posts
I am hoping to get some GT40p heads this year. So, I really would like to hear how everything goes for you. Did you buy completely assembled heads? From Ford or aftermarket?. I am wondering if the stock valves and springs are good enough? Also what Cam works well with them? Of course which headers fit best.

I look forward to seeing your page

TJ - Highland Village, TX (DFW area)

66 coupe 302 2v c4 -daily driver
94 GT vert -SWMBO's
93 Aerostar - hauling stuff
50 Mercury Pickup - waiting to be restored, stored back home

·
Registered
20,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I bought them completely assembled, all oem. I bought them from CJ Pony parts, in Harrisgurg, PA for $480.00 for the pair!

I have MAC's, they're very nicely made and have the balljoint type collectors used on the late model 5.0 stuff. MAC claims these headers will also fit p.s. cars without having to lower the ram. I spoke with one person a while back using the MAC's and P heads along with p.s.. He said ( and I thought that as well ) that you must put in #7 plug first because the header tube goes over the plug and clearance by the p.s. ram was tight and dropped the ram anyway. Remember , these headers weren't designed for the P heads, they just happen to work. Also with the MAC's, they make a complete 2 1/2" exhaust system for this car that bolts right up to there headers. One thing that ticked me off about the MAC's, is that, they don't supply the collector end that gets welded to the exhaust system as most other companies include them. I haven't bought them yet because I haven't decided on what I'm going to to for the system.

As soon as I get some extra money *LOL* I'll get thing rolling again. Right now, I have too many irons in the fire. Any more questions, please ask.

BTW, as far as my choice in cams, I bought the house special from PAW. I did a little research, I founfd out that the PAW, Summit and Ford A311 cam is exactly the same cam as the Edelbrock performer, made by Crane for a lot less money. Since this is a very mild cam, and I'm on a budget, the stock springs should be fine. My motor has cast pistons and I really don't plan on spinning the motor past 5,500 rpm, I should be o.k..

Tom
aka "my 66 coupe"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts