Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like shelbyparts GT500 reserve has been met. In case you did not see his post the other day, it is for item #1847380113 on the dreaded auction site. fd

G

·
0 Posts
Cars don't go down in value... only up. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You need to tell that to a friend of mine who turned down offers over 100k for his boss 429 in 1990... then sold it last year for a lot less than that!

G

·
0 Posts
....disengaging cloak....

I finally have something to add so I decided to join up. *G*

Turns out there may be a real problem with that car's seller. I've been following some comments about this sale, over at the cobrajet registry website. Go here:

http://pub88.ezboard.com/fmustang428cobrajetregistryforumfrm5.showMessage?topicID=555.topic

I'm no Matlock but all those bidding records sure look like a smoking gun. Even if it's not definite proof, I'll bet the winner would be seriously ticked off!

....re-engaging cloak....

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Wow, that's some pretty compelling evidence...... I sure hope the auction is legit, but after seeing what I just saw, I would NEVER bid on that auction. Too bad, it does nothing but hurt the hobby.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Unless you know Jim.... don't burn him in a post!!!!!!! Jim runs one of the finest Shelby/Mustang restoration shops around!!! He is a really nice guy, who knows his stuff!!!! I got to know him over the past year and have bought parts from him, his restoration work is top shelf and on top of that he is a really nice guy!!!!! I ocassionaly drop into his shop just to drool and see what Mustang or Shelby he is currently restoring. I have no doubt that the winner of this auction will be pleased! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif By the way, Jim does post up here and seldom participates on this site! Be careful before you accuse, especially when you may not or don't have ALL the facts!
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I figure the *G* means you are a regular here that is trying to hide your identity,and that is fine by me,
As far as the shill bidding, it does go on everywhere.Have you ever been to a real auction and it seem that the price keeps going up but no one is bidding ,,Often it is because the seller is the auctioneer or a freind,,either way as long as the shill bid stops at the reserve no harm is done because the item will not sell if reserve isn't met,,shill bidding on a no reserve auction is just NOT FAIR though,, as a no reserve auction should be just that and if the seller wants a certain amount he should have it reserved,As a Classic car owner and a GT500 owner I for one want to see the values go up, but as another eluded there can be a value crash and these guys that buy later(price speculating) and not sooner loose cash value but not their car as in the stock market

·
Registered
437 Posts
everyone always gets pissed at the prices people are asking for and getting for cars and or parts these days... people have to get over this, because as much as they are asking, someone is paying it, which means the vehicle is worth the asking price. It just means you can't afford it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts