Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an item off ebay with a guaranteed delivery of 17 Jul.

I log online today and FEDEX says scheduled delivery 20 Jul.

So what happens?

Is someone at FEDEX, charged, prosecuted, and imprisoned or executed for the crime of not meeting my guaranteed delivery date?

Do I sue for emotional distress damages because my item did not arrive and I am stressed out?

Do I demand that I receive the item for free?

Maybe I should make a YouTube video and hammer the seller, FEDEX and Trump.

What do I do?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
The DMV told me I would receive my new title in the mail in 1-2 weeks. Yesterday was 3 weeks ago.

We use UPS and we use a lot of their 10:30 am next day delivery. Over the last 6 years, quite a few have missed the deadline. If it's close, you're not getting anything back. If they missed it by a day or more, you can usually get a partial refund if you complain up the chain high enough.

The difference here is did the seller guarantee the day, or FedEX? I noticed most sellers have guaranteed days before you even click buy it now... how do they know you're not on the other side of the country?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The eBay "guaranteed" delivery is something that ebay does and not the seller. If it doesn't make it by the date promised eBay will refund your shipping or give you credit on your next ebay purchase if the shipping was free. Go to your purchase history and select "report delivery problem" and that will get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wait until you receive the item and then report a late delivery, I tried reporting a late delivery once before I received an item and it wasn't quite as easy as reporting it as late after receiving an item.

·
Premium Member
9,900 Posts
I bought an item on Fleabay with a "Guaranteed Delivery by XXX". When the seller finally shipped the item and the guaranteed date was impossible to meet the "Guaranteed Delivery by XXX" automatically changed to "Guaranteed Delivery by XXX +3". What a friggin joke that "Guaranteed Delivery" is. Obviously research has proved that by having that Guaranteed Delivery date in the ad the buyer is more likely to hit the BIN button.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Try ordering something from Summit going to Indiana that ships out of Sparks, NV instead of Ohio. 5 business days if you're lucky while it's 2 days from Ohio and 3 days from Georgia. Is UPS still using covered wagons to get over the Rockies?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Chalk it all up to "Human Error". These kinds of things crop up all the time. Just take a stress pill and Relax.....lol....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live 1 hour south of Atlanta.

A giant FedEx facility is about 3 miles from my house, yet my packages go to Atlanta, then they go south of me about 40 miles to Unadilla GA, then they go to my local post office that is right by the FedEx facility near my house, then they go to delivery.

·
Registered
210 Posts
"Guarantee" is a much abused word. It is completely meaningless in my world and seen only as a marketing tool. A fine example is the ebay buyers "guarantee"; having purchased two items covered by the guarantee I can tell you that it is the epitome of the word worthless. Almost as worthless as insuring a shipped package. UPS, Fedex and all the others didn't get as big as they are paying insurance claims. I once had an insurance rep from one of the "Farms", can't remember which tell me point blank; "We aren't in the business of paying claims, we're in the business of denying claims"! Thank your government for that. Rant mode off!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts