Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Dimples
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A code car. Running and driving.

Post up what $$ you think was paid for this car. I know the amount, and let me just say it's worth making a thread about it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
A buck thirty seven fifty?

Reactions: Master Hack

·
Registered
681 Posts
Saw it on Facebook. It seemed like a no-brainer price, for sure, given fastbacks today.

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Dimples
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, some of you guys are some world class low ballers, lol.

I was shocked to find out that this went for $3,500. That’s a lot of damage, but $3,500? There’s more than twice that in parts alone, never mind the fact that pretty much any fastback is worth saving. (for most people anyway)

Saw it on Facebook. It seemed like a no-brainer price, for sure, given fastbacks today.
Really? Not sure how I missed that one. I check Facebook for 65-66’s every day. Must’ve been just out of my radius.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Man, some of you guys are some world class low ballers, lol.

I was shocked to find out that this went for $3,500. That’s a lot of damage, but $3,500? There’s more than twice that in parts alone, never mind the fact that pretty much any fastback is worth saving. (for most people anyway)

Really? Not sure how I missed that one. I check Facebook for 65-66’s every day. Must’ve been just out of my radius.
I should have been more specific - the guy posted it on the VMF Facebook group asking if it was a good deal at $3,500. You can imagine the response he got.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We will see if the project dies on the vine and is worth it or becomes a $3500 paper weight. I can only tell from the body pics that I wouldnt want to mess with that but that is why there is something for everyone out there...best of luck.

·
Registered
1965 Mustang, 302, C4 and 9 inch
46 Posts
Wow!!! When I was in high school, the swinging 70's, you could find a decent FB for $1,500. "If I had a time machine...."

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
That car looks like it did a belly flop onto a boulder.
9-10-04 01.jpg
I paid $3200 for mine... here's what it looked like the day I DROVE it home...

·
Dimples
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We will see if the project dies on the vine and is worth it or becomes a $3500 paper weight. I can only tell from the body pics that I wouldnt want to mess with that but that is why there is something for everyone out there...best of luck.
The guy who bought it is a buddy from the local Mustang forum. He’s on the downhill side of a VERY extensive 67 coupe build that involved replacing almost everything but the roof, so I have faith that it will be brought back to life.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
This dude got it:

My buddy's dad sold a 289 Cobra in 1965 for $3,500 and was happy to make $500 on the deal...and it wasn't wrecked. I think they paid the same for a '66 GT350 in 1979, which they still have. As Bob Dylan said "Times, they are a changin'..."

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
367 Posts
The guy who bought it is a buddy from the local Mustang forum. He’s on the downhill side of a VERY extensive 67 coupe build that involved replacing almost everything but the roof, so I have faith that it will be brought back to life.
I have mad respect for people who bring back cars literally from the dead and when I see members doing that here, I am reminded that the 20k I spent for mine a year ago was a steal relatively speaking.

Chris

Reactions: BlakeTX
1 - 20 of 39 Posts