Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EvilBrother and I got a new truck last Saturday. It's a 2008 Ranger XL. We got tired of trying to wedge large objects into the Mustangs. And with all the deals Ford has been running lately, we figured it was time.

It's only a 4 cylinder, but it gets the job done. It's better on gas mileage. And it's a great color: Dark Shadow Grey. That's the color I wanted to get for the '06 Mustang.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/DualStangs/

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Let's be real here though; the real reason BrightBlue got the truck is to haul around all the trophies he has.

The real reason Evil wants the truck is to put a camper shell on it, carpet in the back and cruise the high schools. ;)

Congrats on the new truck, that thing should last forever.

·
Registered
456 Posts
:thumbup: Congrats, I can remeber when I bought my 1988 Ranger long bed brand new. That was a great feeling after getting out of a 82 Ford Courier with the pinto 2.3l in it. The courier did 0-60 in 15 minutes.
The Ranger had a 5 speed stick and a 2.9L v-6. I drove that truck everywhere and sold it 14 years later with 188,000 miles on it still running with only a new water pump, alternator, and battery replacements. I sold it for 1/4 of what it cost me new.

Enjoy your ranger.
Bill, Las Vegas Nevada

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hey Flatmann - you going to kick in half for the shell??

Congrats BB and Evil. Will you be taking it to the Pavilions? :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, next year we'll bring the truck and we'll let you guys hop in the back, so we can drive over to the diner, thus avoiding the Frogger Dash accross the street.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts