Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had rid my car of the gas smell, but yesterday, I went and got gas before I went to work, went back home for a few hours, and when I went to leave, my car smelled of Gas again. I rolled down the windows, went to work, and the smell was almost gone by the time I got there. I felt sick all through work, and when I went to go home, the car wreaked of gas again. I went to the hospital a few years back for exhaust poisoning, and I was starting to get the same twisting feeling in my chest again. After getting home, falling out of the car and breathing in my lawn for a few minutes, I tore into my car to find the cause of the smell. It looks as though gas is seeping from the filler neck, and into my carpet everytime I fill up. I tightened the clamps, and hosed the carpet with febreeze. I will watch it next time I get gas. I am also taking my truck to work until the smell is gone. I still feel lightheaded right now......

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hate to sound like your mother/wife, but you really need to be careful. Besides the obvious effects on your health from breathing the fumes you would have past out and killed yourself or someoe else.

Glad you were able to find the culprit. Good luck with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts