Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to start removing the chrome trim on the gutters on my 68 coupe. Thats when I sliced two fingers open on a metal flash where the mirror was. On my bowling hand no doubt. Anyways I will live. That chrome trim on the gutter around the doors. What holds that in place? I couldn't seem to figure it out. Anybody know of any tricks?

Thanks,
chris

chris
68 coupe
69 vert
71 M1
What am I doing with these antiques anyways?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I've heard a bottle opener works pretty good. You know, the old style, like the ones that have magnets on 'em for putting on the fridge?

Black primer 66 coupe, bench seat, 68 302-2V, C-4, 3.55 TSD
879 posts as "66 bench-coupe" on old VMF
robert94928 on Yahoo Messenger

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
That stainless trim is a snap on fit. I've had good success using a suitable sized piece of hardwood as a removal tool. Place against the trim's lip edge where it rolls under the gutter and with a reasonable sized mallet start at the windshield post and do the old tap and move exercise the entire length of the trim. Figure on repeating the process two to three times before the trim can be reomaved. Don't rush, else your run the risk of bending the trim. That plus sliced fingers will go a long way towards really ruining your day.

65 Hi-Po F/B
67 GTA F/B (small block)
MCA 27479

1 - 4 of 4 Posts