Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I wasn't there for the freebie!!! ::

At work, we are having a local computer engineer design and build us an automated soil polymer dispenser and he is almost finished with it. So he calls me to fill me in on the latest details and as the conversation drifts to the more casual topics, I'd mentioned wanting to build some sequential LED tailights. "Piece of cake!" he says. "I did a sequential tailight project in grad school, now you can do it with a handfull of LED's and a microprocessor." He offered to give me some tips on construction and asked what kind of car I had. "65 Mustang", I answered. "Cool, I just got rid of a 69 fastback not too long ago. I gave it away" was his reply. This is me on the other end of the phone line... :: :: :: :: "You GAVE the car away??" :: "Yeah", he explained he needed a guy to haul off some junky parts pickups, told the guy he could take them if he'd haul off the mustang too!!!

One of the employees at work has a bunch of mustangs and vintage Fords and he was somewhat familiar with the car. He claims its a Mach 1 with the shaker scoop missing. (Someone he knows stole the shaker!! ::) The engineer guy said the car was in terrible shape, no title, bent bumpers, cracked glass, some rust, no engine or drivetrain....pretty rough........been sitting on the place for 5 years...was gettting to be an eyesore. Now I'm regretting not visiting him for 5 years! ::

With 20/20 hindsight, I could have started the restoration on THAT car instead of my lowly coupe; at the time they would have been on an equal par for restoration needs, and with that considered, I would be restoring a 69 Mach instead of the 65 coupe. But, fortune elected to casts its opportunities elsewhere.

In retrospect though, I'm happy with what I've got. The little 65 coupe has been, by far, the funnest, most enjoyable hobby I've ever done and I'd even have to admit I love my poor car. When its done, it will be unique and uncommon, plus it makes a fun platform for restomodding. The Mach would have to lean towards an original restoration. Besides, I need another money pit mustang like I need a hole in my head!!! I could hear SWMBO now!!

Just thought I'd share. Its interesting how mustang topics pop up during moments you would NEVER expect to happen.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Jeez, i wish it was me. If I ever by another vintage stang (besides some awesome deal i stumble upon), its going to be a 69 sportsroof, and it will end up with a very healthy 460 in it ::

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Where does this guy live, and how long ago was this? We were given a basket case 69 mach 1 a couple years back lol....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts