Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No work on the fastback today, I had a day off so Chuck could help his son and family move into their new house. It was kind of nice at first, just lazing around, watching television, playing on the Internet, etc. It didn't take long, however, for me to become totally bored and start looking at Mustang magazines and catalogs. Guess I'm a Mustang addict. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Spent Saturday helping my friend ('67 2+2) install a new radio in his car. Went something like...removed almost everything in cargo area (speakers cut into side panels by previous owner), found 100w amplifier under right rear side panel (threw it out). Ripped out wire from about three poor attempts to wire previous radios. Found all sorts of little problems with cargo floor installation. Vacuumed up lots of very old fritos (who knows?), fixed cargo door clips. Replaced speaker grilles with flatter ones that didn't interfere with cargo door. This meant moving the speakers back about 1/4" since the center cone (tweeter) stuck out in front of the speaker. Ran new wiring in heat shrink tubing under door scuff plates, provided polarized connectors at speakers (so they could be changed easily in the future), removed kick panels and wired from radio to kick panels providing connector at rear of radio and also polarized connectors at kick panel speakers for same reason. Job came out real nice and my friend was VERY happy! Twelve hours after starting I headed down the freeway for home. I awoke Sunday morning hurting badly from all the contortions of car assembly and under dash work! Ugh! So Sunday I was totally worthless...a complete vegetable! Its Monday and the pain is gone but bruises remain...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts