Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link

Love their disclaimer:
IF YOU ARE WONDERING ABOUT GETTING THIS BODYSHELL REGISTERED OR, GETTING A VIN# (vehicle identification number) PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

A Vehicle or Vessel Identification Number (VIN) is issued by a manufacturer or State Licensing authority. There are three ways for a vehicle to obtain a number.

1) An existing VIN on a vehicle that is titled in your name can be transferred to a repair part (as instructed by your State authority).
2) A number may be issued by your State to ID a custom built vehicle when it passes a safety and number verification inspection.
3) A licensed manufacturer issued a VIN when the vehicle (or vessel) is made and ready for delivery. This can only be issued when a "turn key" (completed) car, truck, boat or aircraft has been manufactured

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
Yeah, number one is total BS. There isn't a state authority that will allow you to clip in an existing VIN.

99.9% of these cars will be given a VIN by the state authority and treated as kit cars.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Hmm, here we go, I'll just sit back and see how this ride goes.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Impartial contribution...

The how to register the car text was lifted from Dynacorn's website. Dynacorn wrote it, MU is just passing it along.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
How is selling a Dynacorn body on eBay any different than advertising it in their catalog or having one for sale at a car show where they have a vendor booth set up? It's just another marketing/selling venue for their business. I don't see the issue here...

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
To add to what you said. This is my impartial and likely unpopular opinion. IMO it's
not the responsibility of the seller of replacement '65-'67 fender aprons
to tell you how to handle the VIN stamping.
Seems to me if I buy a whole body shell I should know something about the VIN
issue/problem! How 'bout if I replace the cowl area on a '68 or newer? Seems to me
if I'm restoring/rebuilding/cloning/modifying the VIN/title is my responsibilty!

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Quote:
"*OUR MODEL HAS THE TAG ON THE RIGHT HAND FENDER APPRON WITH THE MARKINGS

*MS67FB070204TW."

What's up with that?

John Harvey

·
Registered
86 Posts
JSHarvey said:
Quote:
"*OUR MODEL HAS THE TAG ON THE RIGHT HAND FENDER APPRON WITH THE MARKINGS

*MS67FB070204TW."

What's up with that?

John Harvey
I'll take a stab...

MS - Mustang
67 - year
FB - style
07 - year of manufacture
0204 - 204th shell produced
TW - Made in Taiwan?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Somebody buy it already and title it so I know how it ends. I have to go to bed in a few hours and want to know how this ends before I go to sleep!

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Hemikiller said:
Yeah, number one is total BS. There isn't a state authority that will allow you to clip in an existing VIN.

99.9% of these cars will be given a VIN by the state authority and treated as kit cars.
If someone brings to the DMV here in Mesa AZ for a stage II inspection, the door tag is all you need. According to her the stamped fender number doesn't count...go figure.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
$495.00 crating fee. Damn...lumber sure has gone up in price.

The Mustang Shoppe here locally will sell me one for $15K even + taxes

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
To the original topic - What is the difference between ebay and for sale locally?

To the subtopic - most will NOT be registered as new. People with rusty shells have easy access to use these "replacement pieces". These will be titled in most cases as 67's IMHO.

Honestly I am not even sure I care anymore. I think those of us that want originality want original Mustangs. I only wanted a GT Scode so that is what I bought.

Those that don't care, simply don't care!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
GT_SCODE said:
To the subtopic - most will NOT be registered as new. People with rusty shells have easy access to use these "replacement pieces". These will be titled in most cases as 67's IMHO.
Those that don't care, simply don't care!
I agree.

My doors are from a Cali car, my fenders shipped up from FL, my decklid was from Semo in Missouri, IIRC. Floorpans, torque boxes, qtrs, taillight panel all repops. Put me in the don't care category. My car can't wear white anymore. :) But it flies!

·
Registered
708 Posts
well to make sure you get a real 67 just buy one thats rusty then you know its real

for the vin issue i guess arizona is the place to wash vintage cars just get a door tag they dont care lol

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hiker said:
If someone brings to the DMV here in Mesa AZ for a stage II inspection, the door tag is all you need. According to her the stamped fender number doesn't count...go figure.
The one that says "Not for registration purposes" on it :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts