Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing the EWAY thing for awhile, just looking for a few items that I need or want. Everyone I dealt with has been great. Nice people, good communications. UNTIL NOW.
I made the only bid on an item and I win the auction at minimum bid. Cool, I thought. I email the seller and give him my address so he can figure the shipping. Comes back a bit high ( I think) on shipping but since I got the item for $1 I figure its ok. Send the money order and wait for the item. and wait, and email and wait and email and wait. "Part was shipped, sorry for delay", and wait and email "where is item?" tracking number? and wait and wait, and email "where is item?" "Fedex is slow, shipped yesterday" and wait and wait.
IT is now over 45 days since seller acknowledged receiving my money order and I still do not have the item or a clue as to when I will receive it.
Should I just contact EWAY and complain about nondelivery? Seller is not very quick responding to my email request.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That is why I try to find things on here. If you get shafted by these falks...you got really bad karma....

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I would file a complaint with ehay

G

·
0 Posts
I've also only had one bad Ehay experience where they sent the wrong item and promised to fix it then never responded. After giving them plenty of time to reply to numerous emails I left negative feedback. After that I reported them to Ehay, but I don't think anything came of that. Then I bombed their feedback with neutral feedback (since you can't leave negative comments without a item number) putting in as much detail as I could about what they did wrong including item number etc. This showed that the comments where legit and after about a week or so of leaving a new comment per day they finally shipped me the correct item. This may seem a extreme, but I had already paid for the item and they had made numerous promises and didn't hold up their end of the deal so as far as I was concerned they deserved it.

Just a thought.

Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Similar thing. Ehay won't care much about your complaint but the seller will if you leave a negative response to the transaction and neutrals in general after that. Squeeky wheel........ etc.

·
Premium Member
7,085 Posts
Since I do sell about 5 - 10 items on ehay a week, I have run into problems with people sending a check late, and then not putting WHAT IS WAS FOR anywhere on the check. Many times the emails never have their real name, and I get a check for $x, no idea what it is for, and no phone number. I have to play detective to try and figure out what they want. Also the handwriting is so poor, can't figure out what the name and address really is. I sent the wrong part to one guy, finally got the right part to him. Maybe that is where your part went, and there are 2 upset people.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I allowed for that. I always print out the last sheet on shipping and total cost that EHAY has when you check out. I also immediately follow the end of the auction with an email to the seller with my name, shipping address and item number. I include this same printout with my money order.
I realize that hand writing can be a problem and that not including the item number and description can be a problem so that is how I remedy it. Now, if the seller makes a mistake and ships to the wrong person, due to many items being auctioned, then he should figure it out fairly quick when he gets email from two upset buyers. I do not think it should take two months to figure that out though. AND, I have received NOTHING. So....the clock ticks and my patience is wearing very thin. Anyone near University Park, PA ? he he he.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts