Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a HV holley fuel pump a couple weeks ago. Last night, I took my wife for a spin looking at campers, when we pull onto the road and NO power. The best I could do was crawl. Opened the hood and near zero fuel pressure and a small dribble squirting into the clear fuel filter.
I got a ride home, and went back with the car trailer. I HATE to trailer my car. Seems like every time I trailer it, I see someone I know and get crap about it for months. This seems to be chevy land central..:p
What should I do about the fuel pump? Should I replace it with another mechanical or go with electric?
What kind of Mechanical one should I get?
Its a 351C, by the way.
Thanks.... ::

·
7,010 Posts
Is this the style of pump you have:

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/hly-12-289.jpg

I'm curious, because I'm getting anywhere between 1 and 6 psi out of mine. I too would be interested in what the best mechanical fuel pump to go with is...because I think I need a new one.

Phil

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 110 gph and looks a little different than that. I will get it out of the car today and get the model number off of it.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
That's a bitch. Sorry to hear it! You sure you werent just outta gas?

I would go eletric. Then again, it could be something totally unrelated to your pump (clogged pick-up screen?)

·
7,010 Posts
Well, I just ordered an Edelbrock 1725 to replace the holley. I'll report back when I get it installed. Since my car's drivable...it just seems to intermitantly drop from 5 psi to 1 psi Fuel pressure...I'll leave it together until the replacement pump gets here. I suppose I can send it back if I happen to find some other issue is the culprit when taking the holley pump out.

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts