Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had problems getting a policy though Hagerty? Im looking for a 20k policy for my Mach 1 and would like to get some input. Ive got one speeding ticket in four years, other than that my record is clean. Do they have problems insuring autos with liens on them? If you were to recommend an insurance company who would if be?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I pay Hagerty $160/year for '66 Mustang coverage around $20K. You have to have a different car for regular driving and a place to garage the classic. I like Hagarty because they cover 'pleasure driving' and not driving to shows or repairs.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I tried hagerty yesterday for a quote after talking to my insurance carrier's classic underwriter. Hagerty ended up being more/year.
Was the Hagerty quote for the same liability levels and the same deductibles on the comprehensive and collision? Hagerty is 0 deductible. Even so they beat the heck out of 21 Century where I had no comprehensive and collision coverage.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Minnesota so unless they are national a NJ company probobly cant do much for me, but thanks for the offer. Ill try Allstate tommorrow.

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
I have Hagerty, and, in fact, have to send in my renewal premium tomorrow. Here are the figures:

1968 coupe, insured for $20,000
1968 modified fastback, insured for $20,000
2001 Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, insured for $10,000

I have no mileage limits and a $250 deductible on the trailer (none on the cars). My liability is $300,000, Uninsured Motorist is $40,000, Underinsured Motorist is $40,000, and Medical Payments is $5,000; all per accident.

Total insurance premium for one year: $600.00

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
That's full coverage. The coupe alone would be about $130 a year, but the two cars together are about $400. The modified fastback is more pricey to insure. I do get a discount for having three things insured.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have my homeowners and business insurance with State Farm, but I never thought to try them for classic car insurance. What kind of restrictions do they have?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
State Farm is very restrictive. I tried through them, but they will only insure the car if it's driven to car shows, parades, and club events, only. Totally restrictive, and their price was $100 per year more than Hagerty on my car, even with $250 deductible (State Farm). I went with Hagerty, since my car is actually driven, and I got much better coverage for less $$. Actually, it went into effect yesterday. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
i know that there is some mileage limit,but i don't know what it is.i have homeowners and some bussiness policy,but my personal cars are with another company,but they went ahead and insured just the shelby.i had a friend have a claim 5 yrs. ago on a 66 fastback.they did him real well,they paid more than the stated amount! larry

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have Hagerty. Full coverage with the same dollar amount coverage as Laurie S. My 70 Mach 1 is covered for $ 25,000. I pay $186.00 a year. TOM

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have had Hagerty for a couple of years now on my 65 fastback and it runs around $120/yr. I had collision only w/ Farm Bureau and it was $250/yr. I haven't had a claim, but others that have said that they were good.
Randall

1 - 17 of 17 Posts