Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You da man!!!!!! When you guys posted about my overflowing radiator, you mentioned the spring in the lower hose. It got me thinking. I was sure that there was a spring because I remember it when I installed the new hose. Then I thought "oh, I'll go out a look anyway." There is a spring, but IT'S HALF WAY UP IN THE WATER PUMP!!!!! No damage or anything, but I remember now thinking when I put on the hose that the spring seemed a little small. From the radiator neck half way up the hose, you can mash the hose flat. From half way up the hose to the water pump, you can feel the spring. I imagine that on the interstate at 70 mph, the spring is being compressed even further. That's got to be it, because when I got on my two lane road last night, it started cooling down...I guess because of the lower speed and pressure. I bet that's why the water is burping out too because it never use to do that either...it would come and go. I've never thought to check that...I can't wait until tomorrow to rip that hose off and fix it!!!!!!! Sorry I'm rambling but you guys know how good it feels to finally figure out a mystery! Thanks...you guys saved me trying a new waterpump! I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts