Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only been 3 weekends since the Mustang Round Up and the Mach is moving under it's own power again--this is a new record for me and my "little" car projects, which usually take 5 times longer than I anticipate. We got the tranny pulled 2 weekends ago and I only got one large bruise on my knee where it kind of fell on my leg while I was laying under the car and jerking the shaft out of the bellhousing. Then, while I waited for parts, I chickened out on replacing the front and rear seals myself, so I took it to a local transmission shop to do. They found another bushing that was bad, but it sat the second weekend at their shop. Last weekend we got it reinstalled, but I've been having a bear of a time getting the darned Hurst linkage adjusted. I talked to a mechanic friend and I learned that I unhooked it in the wrong place, which was why it got so incredibly out of adjustment (mostly this occurred when it fell out of the cut shifter boot and onto my head, which did kind of hurt)--no more reverse makes it hard to back out of the garage! He drew me a little picture and described how to get everything lined up correctly with a drill bit, and even loaned me his special Mercedes "Clutch Linkage Retainer Spring Removal Device" :: Crawled back under there tonight and got everything lined up and adjusted like majic--just like he described. I figured it had to be wrong since it was so (comparatively) easy, but I just got back from a little test drive and everything works great! So I called it a night--I'm quitting while I'm ahead for the day. My door panel remains off and the window regulator/mechanism/glass situation is FUBAR, but heck, who needs to roll the window up, anyway?!

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Congrats, quite a feeling of accomplishment I bet. ::
Who needs that silly old snot green grande anyway? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Damn girl....keep going and your gonna haveta open a shop! :: ;) ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts