Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PHX VMF'ers...... I feel a little strange asking, but I am new--1.5 yrs actually-- but do not really know anyone here and am in need of some hands on help with my car. (see recent post "what causes this") I can offer good music, food and beverage for anyone looking to get a little dirty on someone elses car. If interested, shoot me an email: [email protected]

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
When are you looking to work on the car?
Also, what part of Phoenix do you live?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Whats up, thought I'd say hi. I live in Tucson but come up to Phoenix (actually Peoria.. west valley) every once in a while... usually to visit my parents and work on my car in their garage (I just have a carport here with no lighting and no space).

If I have any time I might be able to help lend a hand, but I am not as knowledgeable as most of the people on VMF. I do think you should do away with those stock rocker arms and get yourself some roller ones. They make a little bit of noise but are far superior. I have them and my cam is way smaller than yours is. They come with instructions and are easy to install. Looks like you already have guideplates, not sure if you have screw in studs, though? Might pick up a couple of horsepower if you went full roller rocker (requires a taller valve cover or stacked up gaskets, though). Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in west Phoenix. Litchfield Park area. Thanks.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Well, I'm always up to mess up, I mean work, on other people's cars, but I think it is closer to your house from Tucson than from my house. I live on the opposite end of the Valley - far East Mesa. However, if some folks want to spend an afternoon turning wrenches, I'd give it a whirl. Just don't ask Flattman to help, unless you want to win trophies everywhere you go. :lol:

Got a day in mind?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the offers. I work in retail, so the next weekend day I get off, I'll post it and buy some steaks and beverages......

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It's nice to know that while I'm flat on my back, fever raging through my body, my buddies are out there dragging my reputation around like a dead cat behind a car on the Squaw Peak Parkway.

But then again, I guess my reputation really wasn't that great to begin with.:rolleyes:

Michael, let us know what your plans are and I'll see what's going on. It's kind of crazy this time of year so I know I'll just have to play it by ear.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I'd be there if you just had some beer brats....

Oh...for Rimcrew and Flattman.... the new steel fuel line is in. If anyone needs to borrow a tube bender.. I now own a nice one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can get some beer brats too...........

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's nice to know that while I'm flat on my back,

Hey Hiker - Flattman is trying to influence the judges again!! :eek:

my buddies are out there dragging my reputation around like a dead cat behind a car on the Squaw Peak Parkway.
Get on the PC bus Mr. Flattman, there is no more freaking Squaw Peak - it is now Piestawa, or Piestawha, or Piestewaha, or whatever Gas Can Jan renamed it... :chainsaw:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts