Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
It's both interesting and reassuring to hear that your car makes that same very distinctive whine that mine does when you remove your foot from the accelerator.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Very cool car Armon.

Btw, that Chocko steering box from you finally got installed in my brother's 69 SCJ Mach I. That thing steers like a new car! Thank you brother!

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
450 Posts
Dig it!!!

Chris

·
VMF Ambassador
6,667 Posts
One of the craziest things about that 428, to me, is how it is simultaneously so much better mannered and so much stronger than the 302 in your 69. The 69 is a monster and it is crazy at all points in time even when it's not revving to the moon. The 428 in your '68 is so EASY and comfortable to drive but when you stomp it it's still got a ton of kick.

That really put to rest the argument of SBF vs BBF for me

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
One of the craziest things about that 428, to me, is how it is simultaneously so much better mannered and so much stronger than the 302 in your 69. The 69 is a monster and it is crazy at all points in time even when it's not revving to the moon. The 428 in your '68 is so EASY and comfortable to drive but when you stomp it it's still got a ton of kick.

I totally agree. That 428 makes power so easily, it's a thing of beauty. I've rewatched it only 4 times so far.... Here's a similar video, but with a 427 with 2x4's in a 63 Galaxie, fast forward to the 7:00 and 7:45 minute marks where he really gets on it. Awesome music to a Ford ear. The BB Ford's are in a rarified class of their own, a totally different car than my small block.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great video! My day was yesterday, 4/27 day but that's for my 68 Torino. Sadly, Ill never see a 3/51 day for my Mustang...lol

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Does this mean there is a B B F in Jane's future? :oops:

John

·
Dimples
4,851 Posts
Man, I wish. I think I'm stuck in SBF territory forever. I'm not complaining though. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts