Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s wishing all VMF’rs a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. Also to say thank you for all you’ve done or are still doing to protect our freedom to all of you out there who are veterans and veterans everywhere! We can’t thank you guys and gals enough!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Please try not to "happy". For some there is nothing "happy" about it.
I am happy to be with my friends, my family, this day and every other day. Those that have served, and those that gave their lives so that we can be happy, are the reason for this holiday. I realize that this day, or any other is not the best for some, but that is no reason to not enjoy the freedom that they have given us, and to be happy for it.

Proud to have been a LEO - 1990-1994, and to have worked for all of you, as an agent of the US Federal Courts, 1997-2016.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Thanks to all who took time this weekend to remember the purpose of Memorial Day is to honor those that gave their life in service of this country.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Memorial Day is the ONE day a year we remember soldiers who gave their lives for our country. ALL the other days of the year are for thanking ALL the other veterans. I think of my Dad's brother who was killed in WWII enlisted in the Army ( before I was even born ). I received his Purple Heart from my deceased Father who survived WWII enlisted in the Navy. I also had three other Uncles ( all deceased ) who survived their service of WWII. One Uncle was blown out of his tank ( and lived ) after the turret was blown off when their tank was shelled by the Germans. That generation fought hard ! Dean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts