Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered something from them 2 weeks ago, it still hasn't come. so send an e-mail to customer service, they don't bother to respond. I call their 800 # to find it's off at 4:30 pm, and not on again till Monday. I just think that if you order online, good service entails an e-mail telling you the shipping date and tracking #, or they let you know it's on backorder, if that's the case. And if you're a reasonably sized co., that your 800# is open 24/7. I ordered a tool that I thought would be a good deal, damn I could have gone and bought the freaking thing at a good hardware store by now, so my job sits unfinished awaiting this shipment. I'm pissed. Is Harbor Freight's service always this poor?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Unless you specify otherwize, it is shipped snail mail.......yes that right and it takes a long time. Been there and seen that from them. Then they built a store in town and I can see their cheesy tools first hand. I still buy them sometimes but must be mindfull of their construction. John

It would be a shame to have passed the test but to have missed the lesson.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Lyle haven't heard from you in a while. Too bad on the flare tool. I'm really looking forward to hearing the results! Once this 250 goes in, the drums come off!

John

[color:blue]'68 Coupe
250/C4, 221 Argentine Head
Breakaway Converter, 9", 3.50's/T-lock</font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'll certainly let you know! How's that buildup progressing? I gotta get the driveshaft shortened a bit also, with the new rear, it's a little too close.
It looks so great seeing rotors and calipers in the fenderwell!! I sure do hate jacking with those balljoints though!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got my pushrods in today - custom set of 12 made from 390 pushrods. Pretty cool. I'd recommend Rockerarms.com to anyone! The motor is due out of the machine shop any time now. It may be another 10 days before it goes into the car though. I'm going to take my time building her.

John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You did the Shelby mod while you were in there right??? If not - go back and do it! *LOL*

I can't wait to install my negative wedge kit with these brakes!

John

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
They have a retail store in my area...and that is the ONLY way I will ever buy from Harbor Freight again. I did a mail order with them once, once. The worst part, if you order a tool from their mail order arm...you can not get service (returns, exchanges, etc.) from their retail arm. So if they @#&* up then you have to wait until you mail the part back to them and then wait for them to send you the correction. Bad business sense, and low quality tools. But for some things you can't beat them.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
just ordered a bunch of little stuff and they clearly told me the parts delivery would be 10-14 days and told me the items on backorder and expected arrival. i do not order permanent/wearable tools from them usually but have never had any complaints on them. one thing that aggregvates me is there shipping charges for less than $50 orders - i just wait until what i want gets to $50 and then order

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've also been having a terrible time with UPS around the So Houston area. Several of my orders have been caught in a loop going round-trip from Texas to the originator several times before someone (apparently) takes it off the plane/truck. If you do get through to Harbor Freight, get your UPS number and track it on-line (www.ups.com).

Randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts