Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got that annoying stumble below 2000rpm fixed. It was a fried wire on the number 4 cylinder. It looked bad, and performed worse. Thank you all for your clues and knowledge on that problem. Now another one.....

While going to see my GF at her folks house I decided to goose it going up the on ramp (it has been a few days since I have actually been brave enough to actually move the gas pedal fearing "big brother" is watching my every move). I was in second gear, it was pulling hard and fast, and 4500rpm hit and it nosed down, hard, like somebody squeezed my fuel line (it was still pulling, just, not that well). It jumped back up and then back down again, almost surging. The revs didn't go past 5000rpm, and it didn't start until 4500rpm. On my way back home I tried it 3 more times, on a flat road, uphill, and downhill, and it wouldn't do it.

So what gives? "Chunkie" in the carb? Ignition? It hasen't been running this good in awhile, and now this little thing happened to poke fun at my efforts. I purchased new better nozzles for my H2O injection and it really likes them, along with my tune-up, my mustang is running great. And then this happens, any ideas?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Maybe you sucessfully burned some water from your gas tank. If you don't feel thats the case check your fuel system. My guess is you were running out of gas or it was water, especially since it has since corrected itself...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts