Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if 68 302's came with the four bolt balancers? Im having an impossible time getting a 1 grove v belt pully system for it. Im thinking about a new balancer with the 3 bolt pattern cause pullys seem more abundant. If i go with a new balancer, will any 68 302 3 bolt work? Please help, Im going nuts here. Thanks Steve

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Are you stuck on staying with a stock damper? I believe that fluidamper and some other manufacturer make a damper that has the 3 or 4 bolt pattern on them...

Look here...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Fluidampr products have just the four-bolt pattern. The Summit/Ford Racing damper has a dual pattern to accommodate three- or four-bolt patterns.

March makes four-bolt, 1-groove pulleys. Ford Racing sells them, too.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
if the center register bore is the same, and the pulley face to mounting face distance is the same, redrill the four bolt pulley...

·
Registered
791 Posts
For 69 and older they were 3-bolt and 70 up is 4-bolt. My sons 69 coupe 302 is 3-bolt and my 70 Mach 351 is 4-bolt. The timing marks are different on the 2 also. 69 and older read on the drivers side of block and 70 up read on the passengers side. You may have a 70 and up motor in the car.
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts