Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum. My name is James and I've owned a few classics and Foxbody's over the years and need a little help.....Has anyone done this swamp? If so, what are you running for a radiator? What's size? I have a 1967 coupe with a 89 Mustang GT 5.0 EFI, manual transmission. It's all stock besides headers.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have done this swap, '89 EFI components in my '67. I used a Champion 339 radiator if memory serves me right. My website in my sig has a picture of the setup installed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey James - welcome to the forum. Lots of people have done this swap so you will find lots of resources in the forum. I've got a roller cam 302 from a 1992 in my 67 coupe. I am using a 20" Champion 3 row radiator in mine (Champion PN CC339). It's a direct bolt in and moves the lower radiator hose to the driver's side for use with a foxbody 5.0. Some people install a 24" (wide) radiator, but that would require modifying the front radiator support to fit it. I don't seem to have any cooling issues with the 3 row aluminum and an electric fan set-up on mine. I am running Holley Sniper EFI vs the stock Ford EEC, and I use the Sniper computer to turn the fan on and off at specific temps. My signature has a link to my build and I tried to list a lot of pics, part numbers, etc as I went to help others. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done this swap, '89 EFI components in my '67. I used a Champion 339 radiator if memory serves me right. My website in my sig has a picture of the setup installed.
Thank you very much, that helped alot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey James - welcome to the forum. Lots of people have done this swap so you will find lots of resources in the forum. I've got a roller cam 302 from a 1992 in my 67 coupe. I am using a 20" Champion 3 row radiator in mine (Champion PN CC339). It's a direct bolt in and moves the lower radiator hose to the driver's side for use with a foxbody 5.0. Some people install a 24" (wide) radiator, but that would require modifying the front radiator support to fit it. I don't seem to have any cooling issues with the 3 row aluminum and an electric fan set-up on mine. I am running Holley Sniper EFI vs the stock Ford EEC, and I use the Sniper computer to turn the fan on and off at specific temps. My signature has a link to my build and I tried to list a lot of pics, part numbers, etc as I went to help others. Good luck!
Thank you, that helped me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts