Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious if anyone here has purchased Dynacorn's 3648B full floor pan for 65-68 convertibles (I was under the impression the floor pan fit all convertible mustangs from 65-73, varies from vendor to vendor I guess). If so, can you tell me if it was one solid piece, or did you have to weld the reinforcement support pans in, along with the rear torque box covers?

Just that pictures of this floor are deceiving on the website, doesn't show the bottom side.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm curious if anyone here has purchased Dynacorn's 3648B full floor pan for 65-68 convertibles (I was under the impression the floor pan fit all convertible mustangs from 65-73, varies from vendor to vendor I guess). If so, can you tell me if it was one solid piece, or did you have to weld the reinforcement support pans in, along with the rear torque box covers?

Just that pictures of this floor are deceiving on the website, doesn't show the bottom side.

Thanks for any input.
I bought one recently. The floor reinforcements and torque box caps ship with it along with some hardware and body plugs, but they are not attached. You wouldn't be able to install it without disassembly if they were pre-attached.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it means for more welding, making sure everything is lined up properly. Seems to me it would be much easier to weld up the floor if the reinforcement pans came attached. Guess I'll find out, got one ordered.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I bought one recently. The floor reinforcements and torque box caps ship with it along with some hardware and body plugs, but they are not attached. You wouldn't be able to install it without disassembly if they were pre-attached.
You're right, I was hoping it was complete, but it's exactly how you described. To me it looks like the other version of a full floor they (CJs) sell for convertibles.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I guess it means for more welding, making sure everything is lined up properly. Seems to me it would be much easier to weld up the floor if the reinforcement pans came attached. Guess I'll find out, got one ordered.

Thanks for the response.

Shoulda seen it coming...lol

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts