Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to replace my radiator and I want to keep an original look. Autozone sells a 3 row radiator made by GDI for about $180 for my car. I did am internet search and everything I read about GDI radiators was good. If you have tried one, let me know if the fit and quality was OK.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think that stands for Godan Industries and I have one of their rads in my 93 SHO and it has been great for several years and has a lifetime warrantee so it is all good by me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just put one in my 1996 3.8 Mustang and it works great. Only been about a week though. But I am sure they are quality.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
GDI stands for Go Dan Industries, they build a near OEM looking radiator for our cars. I bought one from a company on ebay (3 row) for about $100 (including express FedEx next day shipping in that price) that came with a lifetime guarantee. When I got in a wreck two years ago, they even gave me a great price break on a replacement radiator (because I was a past customer and they felt sorry for me).

The radiator looks, fits, and FUNCTIONS great!

John Harvey

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
I bought a two row from Autozone, not sure if it was a GDI or not (about a year ago) and it fits and functions great along with the lifetime warranty. Looks similar to the original radiator but not exactly, depending on how picky you are with your car.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the replies.
I'm not that picky. The radiator doesn't have to be exactly the same as original, but I'm mainly concerned with not having to change mounts and being able to use the shroud that I just bought.

I looked on eBay and did not find any auctions for a 71-73 original style radiator right now, but I sent a message to an eBay dealer that sells the GDI radiators.

Thanks again
Denny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.