Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at an out of state car. Has anyone use Automobile Inspections? Do they give a good analysis on rust and what it would take to restore a vehicle?

I hope to own a stang very soon.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Have you tried looking around in state? The desert has some of the best selection of old iron you could hope for. Buying out of state almost garuantees you'll get rust.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've used them once - and based on their inspection I didn't buy the car in question :)

They're quite good if you tell them in detail what it is you're looking for - which problems you want them to check out, which areas you want them to photograph. And they're quick too - which is great if you want them to check out an ebay car, for instance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked in state for a while and haven't quite found what I want. I agree w/ the rust comment. The car I'm looking at is in California so it shouldn't be a rust problem (that's what I want the inspection for). I talked to the owner several times. It sounds like it's doesn't have a rust problem. The inspection service will let me know. The car is a '73 and the owner's had it since '75 (he bought it from a friend). Hopefully it will work out.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts