Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The name of it is Imperial blasting and it's in South Holland. Just wondering if anyone had any experience (good/bad/expensive/cheap).

Thanks i advance for any info.

-Sean

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sean, I've never used them before (no need) but remember this business as one that several high end shops used to do their cars (from reading articles). The reason I remember, is I am originally from South Holland. So the place rings a bell..Also do a google search and you'll find their website..they list being involved in doing this years 2007 Riddler award car. So I'm thinking your probably seeing a very high end shop..just not sure on how expensive. good luck

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I believe the place is called Imperial Blasting. I had my mustang convertible done there 2 yrs ago. I stripped the car all the way down to a rolling shell and they did a great job. They didn't do the fendors or doors, but I did have them do the hood and trunk. Cost was $1300. Not sure how it compares to any other places, but when I got it back, they didn't miss a spot. I was able to put etching primer on it right away and then start in on my metal work. Boy did it save time trying to strip the car by hand. I believe the turn around time was about a week. They recommended a tow truck guy who was great, picked the car up and brought it back, no problems.

I believe there are some pictures on my web site, but if not, drop me a PM and I will be glad to email some to you. Good luck

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate for the info guys.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If I remember correctly they do 'soda blasting' which is better than the sand due to easy clean up and less stress to metal surface. I had a friend of mine get his 32 coupe done there and was quite satisfied. Let me know if you get it done , I'm probably going to get mine done too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts