Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really planed to do a few things on my 65 today Right up until that 112 heat index hit me and back to the cool of the house I went lol.
The next few days I think work will be very very slow on her.
Funny note.
During the heat of the day if I spray water on the roof of my 65 you can see the water boil off.
65 Raven Black top

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Between Covid 19 and the miserable heat, progress has slowed to a craw. I am expecting delivery of new engine today and it is going be tough call and whether to jump in and do a test fit right away.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
We have a name for 110 for days on end. We call it July/August. :p:cool: This week is a tad warmer, 115 or so and it’s not dropping below the low to mid 90s overnight. Hydrate. Keep cool. Pace yourself. It’s normally the non paint window but I’ve got some body panels to strip and seal so I can finish primary fabrication on the race truck. A slow activator with a couple hour window at sun up gives you just enough time to do a bit a day. With one of the portacools I can keep the garage under 90 til mid morning and 100 or so all day. I take a few hour break at 3 so after I’ve listened to Rush then head back out about 7 after dinner. I’m really digging their early catalog stuff like Necromancer and Fountain of Lamneth. That’s iconic prog rock history there. I didn’t really appreciate the older deep catalog until later in life.

·
Dimples
4,647 Posts
Maybe a little, until I decided to get crafty:

It keeps it close to 80* when it's 100+ outside, so I call it a win. It's still hot work since most of what we're doing right now is welding/grinding (filling holes, adding torque boxes, subframe connectors, etc.), but at least it makes things do-able. Spent all weekend in the garage, so it's making it possible to keep working at a good pace.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
got up at 5am yesterday to change hoses and flush out coolant on the 93

was nice and cool out and plenty of day light

i was cleaned up and back in bed by 7

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
We have a name for 110 for days on end. We call it July/August. :p:cool: This week is a tad warmer, 115 or so and it’s not dropping below the low to mid 90s overnight. Hydrate. Keep cool. Pace yourself. It’s normally the non paint window but I’ve got some body panels to strip and seal so I can finish primary fabrication on the race truck. A slow activator with a couple hour window at sun up gives you just enough time to do a bit a day. With one of the portacools I can keep the garage under 90 til mid morning and 100 or so all day. I take a few hour break at 3 so after I’ve listened to Rush then head back out about 7 after dinner. I’m really digging their early catalog stuff like Necromancer and Fountain of Lamneth. That’s iconic prog rock history there. I didn’t really appreciate the older deep catalog until later in life.
Why isn't the Rush cranking in the garage?

·
Registered
84 Posts
We brought the carbs inside to fix on the kitchen table. Made two Autolite 1100s into one good one.

Reactions: Badbenz94

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,137 Posts
Yes, between the heat & my wife & I purchasing another house to fix up I have not worked on the Mustang in a while.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
No, but this crazy work schedule has....

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Ive split my projects into garage and kitchen table.

7-10am in the garage, housework, nap, 1-4pm at the kitchen table.

Thats my work day.

Reactions: BugsBunnyMustang

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,512 Posts
I’m a prolific sweater, I’m talking I leave a water trail like a slug leaves a slime trail. Since retiring in March I’ve picked back up on some big projects my career never allowed me to finish. Finishing a barn, digging in a set of steps in the bank beside the house, finishing installing hardwood flooring at our mountain place, raised beds for herbs, working our land, etc. I’ve also been cycling 3-5 days a week. I have to hit it early to avoid the heat, whether working or cycling, but I sweat about 2-4 pounds off and then have to recoup inside. Mustang will have to wait for Fall/Winter before I can get to it. Funny, since I’ve retired I never realized just how little time I have to do all I’m trying to do..,,
One positive thing, I now have refrigerators in 3 locations stocked with beer. I can leapfrog my way back from cold one to cold one if things get too tough....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Congrats on your retiring in March. I retired two years earlier, and I agree, not enough time to do all the things I want.

I put in air conditioning (mini-split) in the garage and even though it is 114 out it is a cool 70 in the garage.

Reactions: Russstang

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Nope! 26 x 51 attached garage. The key is to let the daily drivers sit outside for 4 hours too cool down before pulling them in.

Surprising that the carpenter "me" didn't trim out the window after replacing the window it last fall.

Reactions: Russstang

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,512 Posts
Congrats on your retiring in March. I retired two years earlier, and I agree, not enough time to do all the things I want.

I put in air conditioning (mini-split) in the garage and even though it is 114 out it is a cool 70 in the garage.
I built my house and 3 car garage about 14 years ago. Still haven’t finished out the inside of the garage. That’s another retirement project, after all the other projects. After a 34 mile ride in this 90 degree humidity factory today it will be a few months before I dig in too hard on anything, though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts