Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I built my house and 3 car garage about 14 years ago. Still haven’t finished out the inside of the garage. That’s another retirement project, after all the other projects. After a 34 mile ride in this 90 degree humidity factory today it will be a few months before I dig in too hard on anything, though.
One thing that really helped me with keeping the garage cool was insulating the garage door. I got a kit from Home Depot for a 16' wide door and it was easy to install and it made a huge difference. The other thing I did was getting 3' of blown in insulation above the garage.

Good luck with the projects.

Reactions: 66conv6

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
One thing that really helped me with keeping the garage cool was insulating the garage door. I got a kit from Home Depot for a 16' wide door and it was easy to install and it made a huge difference. The other thing I did was getting 3' of blown in insulation above the garage.

Good luck with the projects.
I've got a very well insulated garage door too with blown insulation above the garage. Not sure the walls covered in drywall have insulation. It must be 114 degrees here. Problem I have is once it gets hot the heat wants to stay in.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Cool air settles toward the ground. My R40 ceiling in my garage does little in the summer.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,453 Posts
Yep, the heat. That's what it is! Stopped all work on my car(s) dead. Yeah.

Smartbutts out there are thinking "Wait, wasn't GypsyR saying not long ago he had AC in the garage?" Shhhh....shutup, shutup, shutup.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,649 Posts
No choice for me but to keep plugging away. Trying to get back to CMP mid-October. 100+ here the last two days. Put in nine hours both days...🥵🥵🥵

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
In July of 1995 I ended up in an emergency room in a bath of ice water due to heat exhaustion/stroke. Serious stuff! And I was young.

Reactions: Russstang

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,512 Posts
In July of 1995 I ended up in an emergency room in a bath of ice water due to heat exhaustion/stroke. Serious stuff! And I was young.
Same here back in my 40s. Was humping shingles up my old 1926 farmhouse roof (12/12 pitch) in 96 degree heat. All of a sudden I’m in the shade of my chimney trying to catch my breath and weak as a kitten. Took about 15 minutes to crawl back in a second story window. No ice bath or ER, but it took weeks before I got completely over it. I’m 61 now, I try to pace myself a little more. Heat is no joke.

·
Registered
503 Posts
We live in the Texas Hill Country but also own a cabin in the mountains of far north Idaho where we have extended our stay through end of September. The last three days were spent fly fishing floating the Kootenay River in NW Montana.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
I just redid all my brakes on my 67. Usually do the fronts one day and the rears the next day....like on a weekend. Took me two weeks. Worked a little here, worked a little there. Definitely did not pull the daily driver into the garage. Actually never opened the garage door when I get home. The garage is tucked into the house on 4 of the 6 sides with insulated doors. The house keeps the garage about 10 degrees cooler than the outside. As soon as I open the door...all the cool air is gone.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
last few weekends i was out there 6am doing what i had to do to beat the heat

got a lot done with no interruptions

was very confortable to about 9

21 - 30 of 30 Posts