Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving "Old Yeller" home from town yesterday, and the air conditioner stopped running. Well, when I got home, I checked the fuse, and sure enough the fuse was blown. I checked all the wiring dealing with the air con, and everything looked fine. I had just got through putting in the center console, so I thought maybe I had screwed into a wire or something. There aren't any wires in the tranny hump area, but I checked anyway. Nothing....So, I assumed it was just a weak old fuse since it was rusted in place. After replacing the fuse with a new 14 amp, the aircon worked fine. Problem solved, right? Nah....the next morning, I tried to start it, and nothing....I mean NADA! I had replaced the starter about 6 weeks ago, so I ASSUMED the starter was not the problem. After checking the battery, and shorting over the solenoid I still had nothing. So, my only conclusing was the dang starter. Sure enough, it was a defective starter. However, all this time, I still had it in my mind that the blown fuse for the aircon somehow had something to do with the starting problem. I must be getting senile!!! Two defects happening at the same time are rare for Old Yeller. However, I thank Ford for building a car I can work on and get fixed without all the costs of having someone else do it. I look under the hood of my 03 Mach I and just shake my head. I could never diagnose problems with it unless I had about a zillion dollars worth of diagnostic tools and a bunch of schooling hours in repair of these computer monitored automobiles.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Yes! Last Friday! O/T. Had this VA medical appointment. Departed early and arrived at the local VA Medical Center. Parking Lot was full so I used the overflow parking lot three blocks away. Waited at the VA bus stop for the trolley and caught a ride to the hospital. By the time I reached the elevators I recognized I'd left my blood pressure chart on the bus. I had a lab specimen in hand so knew the bus was gone and proceeded to the laboratory on the fourth floor. Got there and the lab assistant said there was no record of my needing the specimen so they couldn't accept it. Decided to go to my clinic for appointment and straighten out the misunderstanding about the lab. Arrived at fifth floor clinic after walking across hospital. Clinic nurse was polite and offered to fix lab problem. Explained to her about leaving chart on bus and asked if the doctor was in. No, he was going to be about two hours late so I had lots of time to get back to the lab and then the bus to look for my chart. Got back to the lab and left the specimen container with them. Headed back to the bus stop but the bus never came by (was supposed to run every 15 minutes). Finally asked another bus driver if she knew what happened to the first bus. She said it was off duty now and she was operating the route. She then asked if I was the guy who left the book on the first bus. I said yes and she said a nurse came down to the stop and carried my chart back to the clinic. I headed back to the clinic for appointment. After napping for about an hour the doctor called me in. He gave me the usual crap for not following his orders (which I always do but he always forgets what he told me). Visit was over and more bad news, wont detail it here. Headed to the pharmacy to get prescription. This involved a half hour wait for syringes and some refrigerated vials of some awful stuff I'm now supposed to inject myself with weekly. After getting my medications I was off to the bus stop for the return trolley ride. I get back to the parking lot, hence my car and find I have a parking ticket attached. The parking ticket is written by the local university police who also have an affiliation with the VA medical center. The ticket states I can appeal my citation by visiting an office located somewhere nearby. I know the street name but not the location so I start cruising the streets looking for the street on which the police office is located. I find it after about 15 minutes of driving around in progressively larger circles. Of course, there's no parking signs everywhere and so I finally park illegally in some other hospitals patient parking area. Its 100+ degrees out and I'm not in the best of health but manage to find the police station. They redirect me to another office that takes care of parking tickets for the university. After an hour wait in line, I get to a guy and explain that I'm a VA patient and was parked legally in the VA overflow lot. He voids the ticket and I save $15 that I would've had to pay for the citation. I decided most of the day is shot so there's no use going back to work. I head down the freeway. In the back of my mind I recollect the freeway is being worked on and sure enough, traffic starts bottling up. I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic and its just creeping along. Finally I get to an off ramp and get off the freeway. I wind through neighborhood after neighborhood taking an alternate route home. Its four pm and I've been at it for eight hours. So much for a day off (thats what I get docked for missing work). My wife asks how it went and did I have a good day. I managed to smile and tell her about the new medications I have to take. C'est la vie!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh yes, I've had a day/week/month long problem like that! To make a long story short Advanced Autos gave me 5 defective starters!!! I never go there now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts