Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been reading the forum as usual and I start to reply to a few but then realize that my comments might read like an insult or just be too confusing to comprehend.

I want to respond like eveyone is in my twisted frame of mind with some smart alec remark that should be humorous but after I start to type I realize that it reads like I'm a Dennis Leary (whom I like by the way) so I decide I better not. ::

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yep. All the time. Which is why I've been here for well over a year, read the VMF every day (except for a couple months sabbatical) and have a paltry 270-odd post count.

I often start typing a reply, realize that I don't know as much as I think I do, or am not entirely confident in my knowledge, or can't explain it sufficiently, and then back out.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Don't feel bad, Michael . . . there's been quite a few of my posts that "didn't actually get posted"!!

(and I've had to apologise for some that did :eek:)

Rick

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
No, of course not. Maybe. Ok, yes. Maybe I shouldn't say anything. Yea, just don't reply to his post. Which button do I hit to cancel this? Oooops, not that one.............

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
All the time. Most of the time it's a "witty" remark that I think better of before actually posting. Or sometimes a bit of information that I'm not so sure about, and decide to leave it to others.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Dennis Leary - just a politically correct Andrew Dice Clay.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Michael,

I do that all the time. I've been on the VMF since '95 (Member #52) and I still haven't hit 1000 posts!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
At least 2-3 times a day. I am a smart aleck by nature but it does not translate well in forums. the smiley faxes only do so much...... ::

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just what exactly did you MEAN by that post?

You wanna piece of me?! YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME!!!!?!!! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/flamethrowingsmiley.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm just a tire kicker and I'm sure I've said things already that some people might not like. Sometimes I just can't help myself! When it comes to professional advice on a mechanil problem though I keep my mouth shut. I know I don't have half the experance most of you people have out there. A big thank you to everyone for the answers to all our questions out there.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Hey Mike, I think topless66 just made you an offer!

Yeah, this is one that shouldn't be sent (clicks on continue icon twice)

·
Administrator
19,511 Posts
You bet, there have been several replies that didn't get past the "Continue" tab. ;)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Sure have. And the when the old "reality meter" hits the
"that's kind of harsh" range, I don't send it ! ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that! :eek:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Alll the time, Michael!

Geez! Even the cop has a conscience; how noble. What a place! ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts