Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing back my 65 on a budget and saw the Goodmark outside door handles on Rockauto and Summit Racing at a very good price.
So let me know if you use the Goodmark brand good or bad. .

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I installed a set for a guy on a '66- he'd gotten them off Rock bottom, but I don't recall the brand. What I do recall, was I felt as if the threads were going to pull out of the housing very easily, seemed soft. The handles seemed ok appearance wise, but I'm not sure they're going to stay snug in place very long....

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
If money is a concern I don't know that you have many options. Either cheap new or used.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I got new Scott Drake handles for Diane - she's in paint right now and if you can't find any others I will have the 2 that I removed. They're a little age worn but solid. PM me if you want them.

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
I bought a pair I found in the Parts For Sale here. They were originally sold by CJ and they were in plain, unmarked white boxes so I have no idea who made them. They have been on my car for about a year and the chrome is nice and shiny. There was nothing wrong with my 55 year old originals other than there were "spider webs" in the chrome.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The set on my 65 feel very cheap... but I’m not sure of the brand. They feel like internally they have more slop than the ones I had on my previous 65. I also can't remember for sure, but it seemed to me the backside of the handle that you grab was filled in on my old car. On my current one it is hollow. I could be wrong on the old one being filled in... that was 15 years ago.

I’m only mentioning this because I would love to replace my door handles. Ultimately you have to touch it every time you use the car and cheap ones will give you the same bad feeling every time. Of course a budget is a budget... so maybe this is an item you will feel okay with the tradeoff on.

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts