Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in December I bought 2 gauges from Summit with a credit card (only to get them here by Christmas).

About 4 months ago I ordered close to a thousand dollars in engine parts and paid with money orders. One of the items in the order was an Edelbrock fuel pump ($79.95). In the catalog the fuel pump looked chrome but when I got it it had some horrible looking zinc plating on it. I called Summit and they said if I am not happy return it. I sent the fuel pump back with a letter telling them to return the fuel pump.

Two weeks later, after not receiving a check, I get a box dropped off at my house. What's inside? ANOTHER fuel pump./forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I called Summit and they said if I wanted my money back i should have requested a "refund" (explain the difference between return and refund) /forums/images/icons/mad.gif. So I sent another fuel pump back and have now spent $12 on shipping. I waited two weeks and after not receiving a check I called them and they credited the money back to a credit card (the one I used in December). I told them that I bought the fuel pump with a money order and they agreed and said they made a mistake and they would send me a check. (this was a month ago).

The credit card they credited is closed; my parents paid it off and closed the account. I have over 6 orders with Summit and only 1 was with a credit card.

Now I'm mad because Summit has $92 of mine and they keep lying about refunding me. I have talked to numerous employees, managers, etc. My parents have called them and I've written letters. I don't know what to do if they are going to keep lying to me about my money. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Thanks for letting me vent. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
While I totally understand how your upset with them and hope you'll get a check someday I think the best way to look at this is as a learning experience.

Always use a credit card when dealing with any mail order business. It just makes all transactions easier. With the ease of obtaining credit these days there is really no excuse not to.

I have had nothing but excellent results over the years with Summitt. They're not perfect, but in the grand scheme they are timely and easy to work things out with (provided you use a credit card).

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
"I sent the fuel pump back with a letter telling them to return the fuel pump. Two weeks later, after not receiving a check, I get a box dropped off at my house. What's inside? ANOTHER fuel pump."

Based on what you've written here, it reads like you ASKED for another fuel pump. Is it possible your first letter wasn't worded clearly?

I've had only good experiences with Summit; and I'm sure they aren't intentionally lying to you. Sometimes we just get our wires crossed. Don't give up on them - they have a well-earned reputation for quality.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I agree - given the high volume that Summit does, I think they go a remarkeable job. Parts are shipped very quickly and, on the one occasion that a part was backordered and I wasn't informed at the time of order, I received a postcard every two weeks giving me the status, expected delivery date and an option to cancel the order.

That being said, I just got my new Summit sale paper and they are now carrying "Sportcompact" stuff (aka Ricer Gear). I may have to reconsider...

Just kidding, of course! My feeling with cars is: Whatever pops your cookie!

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
I agree 100%. What is this money order crap? Why even deal with the hassle of getting it printed up etc. for a $90 or so part. Not to mention the insurance you get with a credit card...

I'm amazed that people actually still use things like the Post Office and the Bank Teller to carry out purchases anymore.

Obviously you are ticked and you should be, but don't point fingers at Summit ... you will find that they are by far the best vendor in our hobby when it comes down to it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
You guys have to realize that not everyone use's credit cards. Some do not like them some can not get them. I personally always use a credit card but I know alot of people who can not.

The best thing to do is call and speak with one manager. Always talk to the same person because they have so many people to deal with someone else may not know how far along your complaint has gone. Yes, there is a difference between a "refund" and a "return". But, I do hope you get your money back. Also credit card accounts are never really closed. They just stop you from charging on them. Call the credit card company and see if a credit has gone thru. If it has then you can request a check from the card company. If it has not gone thru then Summit does owe you money and there is now way around that.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Send a letter (return receipt) detailing your problem to:

Paul Sergi
c/o Summit Racing Equipment
1200 Southeast Avenue
Tallmadge OH 44278

Let us know if you get a response...be sure to include your phone number with your letter...

No emotionalism please...this guy is a professional businessman with a sterling reputation in the racing community...

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts