Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched the forums for similar symptoms, but didn't get an exact hit. My hazards work on 3 corners, but not the back right. Turn signals, brake lights, tail lights, parking lights all work. From that, I can rule out a bad bulb in the right rear, a bad ground on the right rear, and a bad ORANGE/BLUE wire to the right rear. I've triple checked the connectors from the emergency flasher harness to the harness that goes up the steering column and to the lights.

Seems like I should be able to deduce where the problem is. I'm guessing the turn signal switch, but that's all it is - just a guess. What else could it be? Bad switch?

Thanks!

Happy Father's Day, y'all!

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
I've searched the forums for similar symptoms, but didn't get an exact hit. My hazards work on 3 corners, but not the back right. Turn signals, brake lights, tail lights, parking lights all work. From that, I can rule out a bad bulb in the right rear, a bad ground on the right rear, and a bad ORANGE/BLUE wire to the right rear.
Yes
I've triple checked the connectors from the emergency flasher harness to the harness that goes up the steering column and to the lights.

Seems like I should be able to deduce where the problem is. I'm guessing the turn signal switch, but that's all it is - just a guess. What else could it be? Bad switch?

Thanks!

Happy Father's Day, y'all!
I ASSume this is the 66 in your sig?

Although it has its own power source and flasher the emergency flasher system is not completely independent of your TS switch and requires the switch contacts to connect the EM flasher wire (GRN/RED) to the rear lamp wires (R- ORG/BLU and L-GRN/ORG)

If you step on the brakes with the emergency flashers ON does the RR light?

With the emergency flashers ON if you gently move (or just put pressure on) the TS switch stalk from the center position towards either L or R does the RR come on?

Paul

Reactions: jambone

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry, yes, its the '66 coupe.

Did a lot of other work on the car today... put in the front carpet and front seats, re-installed the heater, and messed around with the horn and turn signal wiring on the steering column. Now, the hazards work on all 4 corners. When I brake, the brake lights come on and the hazards stop until I let off the brake. Everything is good there now. I really can't explain why it started working this afternoon - I haven't done anything today that I haven't done before troubleshooting this issue.

I think I'll go ahead and order a new TS switch. Mine looks pretty bad and is missing the ear to cancel a right turn.

Thank you so much for the help!

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Sorry, yes, its the '66 coupe.

Did a lot of other work on the car today... put in the front carpet and front seats, re-installed the heater, and messed around with the horn and turn signal wiring on the steering column. Now, the hazards work on all 4 corners. When I brake, the brake lights come on and the hazards stop until I let off the brake. Everything is good there now. I really can't explain why it started working this afternoon - I haven't done anything today that I haven't done before troubleshooting this issue.

I think I'll go ahead and order a new TS switch. Mine looks pretty bad and is missing the ear to cancel a right turn.

Thank you so much for the information!
Glad it working now.:thumbsup:

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts