Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He Said - He Heard, Vol. 1

Statement - "I just need to freshen up the paint. I'll help you with it"

The Restorer heard - "Go grab some Dupont Nason and some old sandpaper out of the trash and will scuff and shoot this bad boy in an afternoon"

The Owner Meant - "On the rotisserie by this weekend, BASF Glasurit base clear and I'll be in Bimini until it's done. Then you can have your $1500"

Statement - "I want a full restoration done"

The Owner Meant - "This is my first full restoration. Please be gentle and help me find ways to reduce the pain of restoring my pride and joy".

The Restorer heard - "I've got more money than Bill Gates and I DARE you to try and spend it all!"

Statement - "$10k to paint the car! Your a crook! I can do it myself for a fraction of that!"

The Restorer thought - "Have fun! Good luck!"

The Owner thought - "can I borrow your 30k paintbooth, your $1200 Sada guns and your 2k air filtration system and take up 4 months in your shop so I can prove that I can do it cheaper?"

Statement - "It's rust free"

The Owner meant - "this shouldn't take much at all to fix!"

The Restorer thought - "Fred Flinstone's car has better floorpans".

Statement - For a little more money we can make this real nice"

The Owner thought - "hey, for 50 bucks more it will make heads turn"

The Restorer meant - "How good is your relationship with your banker?"

Statement - "It's a driver"

The Restorer thought - "Repo is O.K. he drives it every day"

The Owner meant - "I sometimes drive it on and off of it's climate controlled enclosed trailer".

Statement - "The paint came out O.K., It just needs wet sanded"

The Owner thought - "looks good. a little buffing and it will shine!"

The Restorer meant - "It looks like somebody dipped it in glue and rolled it in a gravel pit".

Statement - "Should take about two weeks"

The Owner Thought- "I'll have it in two weeks"

The Restorer meant- "This will make a nice retirement gift to yourself!"

Statement - "Can we hold off working on it for a month or two so I can save some more money?"

The Owner thought - "Free winter storage!"

The Restorer thought - "Free #%#@!! winter storage!"

·
Registered
680 Posts
David: From the looks of your 2 posts, are you having a bad day??? Sounds like you are sick of people and their cars.....

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, we got a thing going with the banks - everything costs $5000, which is the limit on unsecured loans and they won't take your classic Mustang as collateral so you can get a lower rate. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Thanks for the laughs/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif they were good & right on the money!!!.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts