Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mustang has an aftermarket 1 BBl carb with a Manual Choke (thanks to the P.O). I put headers on the car a while back and now ijust bought a new carb, this one has a auto choke and I'm wondering how to rig the hot air tube with the headers installed?
I dont have the original hot air tube.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my daily driver so is it going to cause any hard starting by plugging it up?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Where's Victorville? You may have to keep the idle up and let it warm up a little longer in the winter time, but that's about it. We very seldom actually need a choke in most of California, although, here in Sacramento, they're kinda nice during December and January.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Victorville is near Barstow, every one seems to know where Barstow is, why I dunno. It's a smaller, town with less in it than Victorville yet, everyone knows Barstow, It even Has a freeway named after it. ::

·
Registered
228 Posts
I ran my autochoke 1V on the 200 that used to be in my car w/out the heat tube. The heater hose is mainly what heats the choke up and causes it to open. I never had any problems and it was my only transportation, including winter. That system was more reliable and worked better than the electric choke system that came on my '77 F-100.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts