Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the correct size is for 351W header bolts/exhaust manifold bolts?? i have the manifold bolts but am needing header bolts for the just installed hooker comp headers thx

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
If you can swallow the price, Stage 8 makes the best header bolts you'll find. They have a keeper and e-ring that fastens on to each bolt to keep them from vibrating loose. They're expensive at $50 for the set, but they look good (chrome) and work even better. I haven't had to tighten a header since installed them 2 years ago on my daily driver.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I don't know the size but I will give some advice you didn't ask for.

Buy "Stage 8" locking bolts from Summit. You'll never have to tighten them again!

"If you're under control you aren't going fast enough"
Parnelli Jones

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see them in summit for 35 but i think these are black not the chrome variety, i think ill order them, saves hassle of heading to the nuts/bolts store thx guys,
mark

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
ARP also makes a very nice set of header bolts in Stainless Steel. They have a 3/8" bolt head on them, so you can get a wrench in there on the tight ones. I use them in my car with the TRI-Ys. Also a 6 point box end wrench with a 'custom grind' is necessary.

good luck...

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts