Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 67 mustang with a 302 from a 68 and a c6 transmission from (not sure where). Here’s the things, I know a c6 is a bit bigger transmission so I’m not sure which headers to get. Should I go with shortys or long tubes? Anyone recommend any specific ones? Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,425 Posts
Don't worry about it. A 302 and a C6 is a bit of an unusual combination. If you don't get any answers right off, don't be surprised. You might actually be better served by starting one more thread and title it something like "What headers fit on a 302 AND a C6 in a '67?" That should catch the eye of the right kinds of folks.
More threads are good, plenty of room here. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't worry about it. A 302 and a C6 is a bit of an unusual combination. If you don't get any answers right off, don't be surprised. You might actually be better served by starting one more thread and title it something like "What headers fit on a 302 AND a C6 in a '67?" That should catch the eye of the right kinds of folks.
More threads are good, plenty of room here. :)
I'm assuming a few others out there will fit but when typing "1967 mustang 302 c6 headers" into Google the JBA headers were the first and about the only ones that popped up on the first page. I've heard they make decent headers though, probably worth a shot. The cheapest I found were about $418 for natural steel about $100 more for ceramic coated. I'm sure you could probably find them elsewhere for less if you searched.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I used Hooker 6901-1 with my 289 & AOD. The application is listed as C6 compatible. I had to ding one tube, but only slightly, and that wasn't anywhere near the transmission.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Call Doug Thorley headers and talk to Mike Johnson. They have a few choices(Tri-Y & shortys & mids) for a '67 and he may be able to answer the fit with a C6 question. After trying 2 other brands that were supposed to fit my application, '65 289 w/ T10, but did not the Doug Thorley headers were a perfect fit. Thickest tube out there.

Also I think that Headman Elite shortys should fit, I've used them on a '67 289 w/ T5 and '68 302 w/ C4. They are short enough that I don't think tranny size would be an issue.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Hey guys I have a 67 mustang with a 302 from a 68 and a c6 transmission from (not sure where). Here’s the things, I know a c6 is a bit bigger transmission so I’m not sure which headers to get. Should I go with shortys or long tubes? Anyone recommend any specific ones? Thanks!
Doug Thorley tri-y long tubes 289y. I have them on my ‘68 289 car, which has a C6. Thorley doesn’t list that they fit, although I told them so.
Use the Felpro gaskets at the heads. I have a permanent magnet starter but I suspect the original large diameter starter MAY fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts