Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled my engine and am getting it bored, honed, balanced, the whole works...I have a 351w 4 speed, I purchased new edelbrock performer rpm matched set heads, intake, cam. Looking for good set of headers recommendations..(brand) and type (shorty or LP) I completely removed the exauhst system and am replacing that as well. Any ideas on the headers, I am a little concerned about clearing the clutch linkage.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i just put hedman elites on. dont know if they will fit a manuall tranny thou.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
IMHO, fit what will go on best & easiests which is a custom built header....

next- since you either don't have the time or $'s, get a long tbe heder since that will generate the best low end torque.

third- buy what will fit

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Contact Stan at www.fordpowertrain.com. He probably has already solved this problem and hss the jigs to make what you need quickly.

Real quality stuff, but not cheap. They can be ceramic coated for you as well at a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
JBA Shorties, ceramic coated. You can't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I too would recommend the JBA shorties. I do not have them on a manual transmission car but with the near stock exit of the header flange, it should be simple. ALSO, you get lots of ground clearance. John

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
My experience with JBA's and manual trans was not good. Hooker Comps worked fine. Fit was very good with manual trans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts