Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to install rebuilt engine soon. I have a 69 Mach W/ 351W w/ AT, PS, Edelbrock alum heads, mild cam, etc. I have the original 69 exhaust manifolds but think headers are in order. Looking at the JBA shorties, but at $500 I want to check out all alternatives. Any advise would be greatly appreciated by someone who has been there, done that. Thanks!

69 Mach

·
Registered
391 Posts
I returned two sets of Hedman (shorty and full length). I have JBA ceramic coated shorty's on my 351W and am fully satisfied. They are made out of heavier material, are easy to get at the bolts, stay bolted tight, keep underhood tempatures down, and the one problem (welded on smog label fell off) was handled with enough of a smile to keep me satisfied.

I've purchased two sets of JBA's from Internet Racers (racenet.com) in Houston because of pricing, but the service was also really good. They were drop shipped from San Diego to my home in Irvine, CA within two days. I say that because the shipping charges were less than the California sales tax I did not have to pay.

Hope this helps,
Russ

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info ! I have a few more questions for you. Do they bolt up to the H-pipe, or did you have to weld the starter tube in? What did you use for the rest of your exhaust system? How mush did you have to pay for them? racenet.com's website is under construction right now, do you have a phone number? Thanks again!

69 Mach

·
Registered
391 Posts
Try 1.888.469.RACE. Their web site (http://www.racenet.net/) is up, at least as I am looking at it at this moment. My '67 vert has non standard two & one-inch exhaust tubeing. The second JBA header is for my son's 5.0 Foxbody and remains uninstalled. However, I understand it to be a complete bolt in. Call Internet Racers or JBA and also ask them your questions.

Hope this helps,
Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts