Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What headers would be good for my '65 200 C4. Double outlet, single outlet, shorty etc etc...??? I'm getting my car about ready for the next upgrade so am looking for some experienced views.. Thanks mucho.. Martin

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Over the years I've used both the single and dual outlets. Is there a shorty for the six?

IMHO there is no difference in performance between the single and dual. You can run dual exhaust with the dual, and they sound terific. Of course a single 2-1/2" from the collector is plenty for the 200 and is easier and less expensive to run.

Flip a coin............... *G*.

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah there really is not that much of a difference between single and dual outlet headers on a street driven car. I would go with the single as it is cheaper for the exhuast system and there's one less collector to worry about leaks. Hooker has is supposed to have better headers for the six, but clifford has them at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I would go with the single outlet and a 2 1/4 exhaust all the way down to a dual out muffler. If you want true duals then go for the dual outlet headers with 2" pipe. I heard there is some clearance issues with the Hooker Headers but I do not know for sure. I never heard of any problems with the Clifford headers. But, there is a trick to putting them in so they do not leak!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts