Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know where i can get headers that fit on a 69 mach1 with a 351 cleveland. i have the stock manifolds on right now and its pretty tight.
ive seen the 69 with a cleveland stuffed in there with headers, do you have to modify anything for the header upgrade, is the engine bay on a 70 alittle wider than a 69?
ive got 2 1/2" with dynomax magnums running to the back, sounds good but would like headers to add to rumble ::
thanks for reading this and any input would be nice :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have Hooker Super Comps on my car. They fit fine , only had to dimple one tube so i could get lock to lock on the steering wheel. TOM

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
69 and 70 are the same chassis as far as I know, should be the same width. I also am putting a 351C in my 69, I just ordered a set of headers from Ford Powertrain... should be here later this week, but I won't have a chance to get them on right away as the engine work is not quite finished & I am still waiting on a clutch fork & pressure plate.

Good luck - Doug

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Hooker Comp 6920 for 4V heads, no p/s bracket required, $182 from summit

Hooker Comp 6913 for 2V heads, p/s bracket is required, $182 from summit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.