Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
I was expecting an angelic choir singing in perfect harmony as I unboxed my FPA headers this evening from the reviews. Nope, just a bunch of expensive bent tubes with my name on them. I'm thinking the angelic choir shows up after they fit perfectly! Will these fit with my 65 motor mounts?
I got the chrome ceramic, shoulda got the black. Those are sweet!

Reactions: Fishfreq
My FPAs have been on for 7 years and the finish still looks perfect...FWIW

Reactions: Fishfreq
Why? Other than the black look? How's the chrome ceramic holding up J, and how long you had em?
Car is not running yet. Hoping for a first start this fall.

I got the chrome ceramic, shoulda got the black. Those are sweet!
My headers are technically "Restoration dark grey ice", or dark grey if you will. There is a place near me that I've heard will ceramic coat both inside and out. Since they are mild steel I probably should have gone that route.

Attachments

A hyrdraulic clutch should be able to clear ANY header...true, you may have to make a hard line that hugs the body before transitioning to a flex line closer to the slave, but that is no big deal...even most flex lines can be clamped out of the way with cushion clamps.

....and I'd just be sick to have to modify a brand new set of FPA headers for my setup, like the OP. Wonder what he did? Hey @Rowdy, what'd you end up going with, or have you decided yet?

Does FPA ceramic coat 'em inside and out, for that price, blueovalfan and nailbender?
The ceramic coating is just on the outside. A lot of places, including one near me, were doing the coating inside and out but it turns out getting the coating to stick on the inside longterm was very problematic so they stopped doing it. I found that out when I called them a few days ago.

....and I'd just be sick to have to modify a brand new set of FPA headers for my setup, like the OP. Wonder what he did? Hey @Rowdy, what'd you end up going with, or have you decided yet?

Does FPA ceramic coat 'em inside and out, for that price, blueovalfan and nailbender?

Nailbender beat me to it. Just coated on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #31 ·

I haven't made a decision yet. Probably in the fall when I yank the motor out. FPA's, Dougs or I might try the Tri Y's..

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.