Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '67 coupe that has a 351w, Power steering and is getting a T5 conversion. What headers will fit correctly? I'm looking for long tubes and not afraid of spending a little money for good quality and fit. Please help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
2X on FPA. I have them on my 67 (302). The guy actually builds them to order and knows more than most of us collectively. I spoke with him for at least an hour about all the little differences between motors, linkages, options, heads, etc. If you call him and tell you what you have, he will tell you what you need. Not the cheapest. My ceramic tri Y's cost just under $700 but there was no problem at all with the fit and they look great. Definitely glad I checked him out. I would say with the PS, you will need the drop down bracket that everybody sells. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, anyone else worth looking into?? What about Dougs mid length?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you using a cable setup or mechanical?

I have a set of hedman shorty 351w swap headers in my 68 with a T5 and an RMP cable, but I'd really like to have a set of longtubes that would fit my application for a reasonable price. I have no P/S, but 700$ is WAAAAAAY too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you using a cable setup or mechanical?

I have a set of hedman shorty 351w swap headers in my 68 with a T5 and an RMP cable, but I'd really like to have a set of longtubes that would fit my application for a reasonable price. I have no P/S, but 700$ is WAAAAAAY too rich for my blood.
351w with T5, Cable set up. I ordered the FPT headers. This is for a friend’s car. Seems really expensive to me to but they come highly recommended from Bruce at Modern Driveline as well, Plus Stan guarantees the fit with the best ground clearance. $775 plus shipping hurts though, glad it isn’t my money :). I need a set for my ’69, however I can’t swallow 8 bills for headers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts