Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Anyone know which shortie (brand) style headers will fit between my 65 shock towers? 302 block, AFR Heads/185.
The Hedmans will certainly fit but the primaries are probably a little small for your setup.

JBAs are a bag of question marks depending on what else you've got, I gave up on them due to steering-box clearance with the Borgeson box but they'd still have needed some torch-and-hammer time to get shock-tower clearance.

Those are the only ones I'm directly familiar with.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guy's. It's a real bummer to have to go through this looking at pictures of product alone. There is know way to tell from pictures if the bends are tight enough. I may wind up with FPA long tubes, which are quite $$$.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hwyman,

This is really weird. My car was purchased in Bakersfield. I grew up there before moving to the Northwest. Drove her up and hauled her around until I could restomod it. I sure miss those warm nights.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
If you are wanting to save some cash just go buy the hooker comp headers, they are about $185.00 shipped #6901. you will be leaving some power on the table with shorties. Stan at FPA makes a nice header but you are looking at $575 plus shipping. or go with the Hooker Super Comp #6111 for about $465.00 shipped.If you want ceramic coated look at jet hot for there prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts