Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Did you swap Carb's ?
We did not. After 5 hours of pulls, changing springs, jets, squirters, metering plates, we didn't feel that the 500 cfm carb would add anything. Maybe slightly guicker throttle response but since the A/F numbers looked good, I was happy.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks for sharing your numbers and the setup. I always love to see dyno results. Glad everything worked out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats on a great day. The car held together, put down respectable power and runs great.
That's a big win.

I dyno tuned my 06 GT a few times. Lots of fun but don't chase bigger numbers. It will empty your wallet and you'll always want more. This is partly why I sold it and returned to a classic. My 66 will never pull as hard as my boosted 06 did but but it makes me smile more. It actually makes me laugh out loud when I floor it so I'll need to add some power upgrades.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
People make the mistake sometimes at looking at the peak numbers only. Your chart shows good gains across the band, you don't have to wait to hit 5,000 RPM to know you have more power, you can feel it as soon as you put your foot in it.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts