Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through some of my parts earlier, and I found something that I'm not totally sure about. I know that the '64.5's had a different contour on the front hood/fender lip, but I'm wondering what part was different, the fender extensions, or the headlight doors? My fender extensions (which are horribly cracked and will need replacement), have a '65 part number (which seems correct for my '66). The doors on the other hand have a '64 part number, and I'm wondering whether or not they are the correct part for my '66. So basically, did the fender extensions, or the headlight door determine the different contour? Thanks in advance.

-Brian

66restomod's Home Page
[color:red]Updated: 4/13/2001</font color=red>
"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."-Eisenhower

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is the fender extention that is different. Or I should say the cast part that bolts to the fender and that the headlite is installed in and the grill meets up with.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. So any '64-'66 will have headlight doors with the '64 part number?

-Brian

66restomod's Home Page
[color:red]Updated: 4/13/2001</font color=red>
"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."-Eisenhower

1 - 3 of 3 Posts