Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got started on the wiring....all parking lights work and the headlights both work but the right side is dim. Not even close to the left side.....anything possible other than the wiring between the two?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm no electrical wizard, but in nearly all my situations similar to yours, it is the ground that is bad. Run a jumper wire from a good ground to the headlights and see if that helps.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have a 70 Mustang. The headlamps were very dim, I found out they were original Ford lamps. Replaced them with quatz. Could it be one of yours is original and the other is quartz?

Tom

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, mustang heaadlights have always been kinda weak. Has anyone tried any of the new type headlights? Not those $150 tri-bar things. I mean just halogen or something else in the 20 buck rage????

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I use the Wagner Bright White Xenon lamps from NPD, I think they were around $10 each. Much brighter than Halogen. They are 55w lamps so you need to make sure your wiring is in good shape. I've been using them along with the halogen tail lamps for over a year in my daily driver with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts