Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quote today to do some interior work on my67 fastback. I will be providing all of the parts so these prices are for labor only. I don't have the time to do this work so I am going to have to pay to have it done. I would be interested in what others have paid for similar work.
$250 install headliner including removing and replacing rear glass.
$100 replace windlace.
$50-$60 remove and replace windshield.
The only parts included above are sealent and glue.

Interested in what others have paid...

Glenn

G

·
0 Posts
they charge 100 dollars to do the windlace? it took me less than an hour from start to finish

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
just did my own in 65 fstbk.my wndsld was out/pulled back window/ my 2 cents is thats fair/excp.maybe windlace/that shd pull off and push right back unless its bad/be sure they are responsible for all.also u may consider repl. clips frt and rear[cheap]headliner is a job with windows in//gary s.

neverending

·
Registered
673 Posts
I paid $50 to put both my windshield and rear glass back in and $150 to install a new headliner (including new insulation and the headliner itself). Perhaps I got a real good deal, or perhaps your quote is a bit high.

Thespazardman

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
I paid $ 90 to have a pro remove the windshield and back light and reinstall it a week later. It was nice fill in work for them. I did the headliner myself and it came out pretty good!

Give it a shot. If you screw up a headliner it is only another 19 -35 bucks to do it again. You could screw up a LOT and still come out ahead!

Gene J

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584519&a=12058180&p=43615717.jpg
66 Coupe/66 Convert/84 GT Turbo/96 coupe

Gene's cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts