Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at bucket seats for the 66. The cost of new or old/recovered is pretty expensive $700 to $900. New interior is red so matching is difficult. I checked out some Flow Fit seats and they are $1,400.00!!! Ouch.

I want to add the head rests on my rebuilt original seats with the 3-point belts.

The question is; how much safer are the seats which have locking backs (ie 68 or newer)?

G

·
0 Posts
Safer? Probably an insignificant difference at best. All early Mustang seats were at best "adequate". If you are looking for safety, aftermarket seats are definitely better, assuming of course that you tie the mounting pads into the subframe assemblies. Any seat bolted to a stock floorpan is suspect in a high speed crash.

G

·
0 Posts
I am not happy with them right now. It took almost 3 months to get my headrests from them. After the first month, I was told the pieces were at the chrome shop. The second month, I was told they were waiting on the bolts they ordered. The last month they told me they were shipped and returned because they had the address wrong and did not think to call and let me know. I finally received them...WITH NO CHROME, and all these staples on the back that look like $h!t. I called them and they told me the place had changed ownership during this time and that they were expecting a new shipment of "The Good headrest in two weeks" They then promised me that I would have them in time for Roundup 3 weeks later. Still Waiting. I installed the ones I have for now. They look OK> If you are going to Roundup come check them out at the Wild West Classic Mustang Ranch booth.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice to meet you Legend65. I have bought many quality parts from the Ranch for my 66. How much did the head rests cost? Is thier another supplier? Who do recommend for 3-point seat belt kits? What high back seat would you put in your 65?

·
Registered
759 Posts
It took along time for me to get my headrests also. I ordered them during the show at Knott's Berry Farm in April. I got them two weeks ago. They look ok and fit nice but any upholstery shop should be able to make a set for you or modify a set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts