Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we worked on fixing the gold stripe on my trailer (very bad fisheyes due to contamination). It was above 100 degrees and the humidity is about 30% so we were just wiped out by the end of the day. Because we weren't ready to paint, we moved Chuck's trailer out of the garage bay and put mine in. Then after unhooking his trailer he went to pull into the garage where he parks next to my fastback.

Something went wrong, and all of a sudden I notice his truck is angling WAY too close to Trouble's rear quarter. Then they hit and all I hear is screeching and me yelling stop.

We were very lucky, turns out the tire on his truck angled against the rear wheel lip on Trouble so all I got on my car was some black rubber, and he got gray primer on this truck. No scratches, no dents, whew!

Then we went out and had Mexican food and some very cold beer. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Ouch, Laurie....I would have been more shaken up than that! Just painted the Vert a week ago and the kids seem to think its a bulls-eye for their trykes. Thank goodness I put on those extra coats of clear! Hope that mexican dinner helped calm your nurves (I always liked going to Las Fuentes, on Oracle.)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
That cold beer always seems to take care of my fisheyes!
Maybe you ought to pour a little on your trailer.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Glad to hear you dodged the catastrophy!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was so tired from sanding that 22-foot-long trailer all day outside in the sun I don't think I was really capable of being upset. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Later we laughed about it, of course, but we were both relieved neither vehicle was damaged.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beer does work wonders, doesn't it? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
WOW!!! Laurie that was close. Good thing niether vehicle was damaged. Cold beer always helps me. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts